Oct 31, 2014
(A) Malala Yousafzai
(B) Indira Ranamagar
(C) John Wood
(D) All the above
2) Michael Sata, who passed away on 28 October 2014 in London was the President of which African country?
3) Sachin Tendulkar along with which other player was on 29 October 2014 inducted into Don Bradman Hall of Fame?
(A) Brian Lara
(B) Steve Waugh
(C) Ricky Ponting
(D) Rahul Dravid
4) Which territory in September 2014 held a referendum for independence from the United Kingdom?
(B) Northern Ireland
5) What was India’s rank in the World Bank’s latest “Ease of Doing Business” report which was released on 29 October 2014?
6) Union Health Minister on 29 Oct 2014 announced "TB-Mission 2020" to eliminate Tuberculosis from the country. Name the Union Health Minister?
(A) Nitin Gadkari
(B) Arun Jaitley
(C) Harsh Vardhan
(D) Sis Ram Ola
7) Srinagar city is situated on the banks of which river?
8) India along with 20 other countries on 23 October 2014 signed an agreement to set up Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). Where will be its headquarters?
(B) New Delhi
9) Where will the 2018 Commonwealth games be held?
10) Jamaat-e-Islami chief Motiur Rahman Nizami from which country was on 29 October 2014 handed death penalty for killings of nation’s leading intellectuals during the country’s War of Liberation in 1971?
(D) Saudi Arabia
1) Ans. (D) All the above
2) Ans. (C) Zambia
3) Ans. (B) Steve Waugh
4) Ans. (C) Scotland
5) Ans. (A) 142
6) Ans. (C) Harsh Vardhan
7) Ans. (C) Jhelum
8) Ans. (D) Shanghai
9) Ans. (C) Australia
10) Ans. (A) Bangaldesh
1) Malala won 2014 World’s Children prize: Champion for girls’ rights Malala Yousafzai, the youngest Nobel Peace Prize laureate in history, won the World’s Children’s Prize 2014 on 29 October 2014, after a global vote involving millions of children. “Millions of children have voted to award Malala this year’s World’s Children’s Prize for the rights of the child,” the organisation said in a statement. “Nobody has ever received the Nobel Peace Prize and the World’s Children’s Prize, often dubbed the ‘Children’s Nobel Prize’ by the media, in the same year,” it added. This year’s honorary awards went to former Microsoft executive John Wood, founder of the Room to Read literacy group, and Indira Ranamagar from Nepal, for her work for the children of prisoners. Nelson Mandela, Graca Machel, Anne Frank and Kofi Annan have previously been honoured.
2) India ranks 142 in latest "Ease of Doing Business" report: World Bank- India ranked 142 among the 189 countries surveyed for the latest World Bank’s “Ease of Doing Business” report released on Wednesday, a drop by two places from the last year’s ranking, as Singapore topped the list. The fall in ranking from last year’s 140 is mainly because other nations performed much better, Bank officials said. India’s ranking originally stood at 134 last year, but was adjusted to 140 to account for fresh data. In the 2014 report, India had 52.78 points and this year it scored 53.97 points. The latest ranking, however, does not take into account a slew of measures taken by the Modi government to make India a business friendly destination.
3) World Stroke Day observed: World Stroke Day is observed on October 29 to underscore the serious nature and high rates of stroke, raise awareness of the prevention and treatment of the condition, and ensure better care and support for survivors. On this day, organizations around the world have facilitated events emphasizing education, testing, and initiatives to improve the damaging effects of stroke worldwide.
4) Harsh Vardhan announces TB-Mission 2020: Underlining the plans of the Indian government to eliminate Tuberculosis from the country, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan today announced 'TB-Mission 2020'. Vardhan was speaking at WHO's Global TB Symposium titled 'Moving out of the box to end global TB epidemic: with post-2015 strategy. Tuberculosis control was also declared as the dominant agenda for the upcoming meeting of BRICS Health Ministers in December.
5) Government relaxed FDI norms for construction, real estate sector: The government eased overseas investment rules in construction to attract money into the funds-starved sector and serve its twin objectives of faster job creation and housing for all. The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved a comprehensive proposal by the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), dropping the minimum 10-hectare rule for serviced housing plots and slashing the minimum floor area for construction development projects to 20,000 sq m from 50,000 sq m to be eligible for overseas investment.
6) Sachin Tendulkar inducted into Don Bradman Hall of Fame: Sachin Tendulkar added another feather to his cap on Wednesday when the Indian batting legend was inducted as one of the latest honourees in the Bradman Foundation. At a gala dinner held at the historic Sydney Cricket Ground, former Australian captain Steve Waugh was the other cricketer to enter the Bradman Hall of Fame alongside Tendulkar.
7) Bangladesh Jamaat chief gets death for war crimes: A Bangladesh war crimes tribunal on Wednesday handed death penalty to Jamaat-e-Islami chief Motiur Rahman Nizami for crimes, which include the killings of nation’s leading intellectuals during the country’s War of Liberation in 1971.
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 29, 2014
1) Devendra Fadnavis is set to become the first BJP Chief Minister of which state?
(D) Himachal Pradesh
2) Which of these derives its name from a river in the Democratic republic of Congo?
(A) Chikungunia virus
(B) Lassa fever
(C) Ebola virus
(D) Salmonella bacteria
3) Who was appointed as the new Chairman of the Prasar Bharti Board on 28 October 2014 for a term of three years?
(A) Jawhar Sircar
(B) Bimal Julka
(C) Surya Prakash
(D) None of these
4) 2018 FIFA World Cup logo was unveiled by FIFA President Sepp Blatter on 28 October 2014. Which country is hosting the event?
5) Union Government on 28 October 2014 has launched Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana (VKY) for the welfare of?
(A) Tribal People
6) What was India’s rank in the World Economic Forum’s 2014 gender gap index that was released on 27 October 2014?
7) Which company on 28 Oct 2014 launched the refreshed version of its popular hatchback car named 'Swift' with 10 per cent enhanced fuel efficiency?
(A) Maruti Suzuki
8) International Internet Day was observed globally on?
(A) 30 October 2014
(B) 29 October 2014
(C) 28 October 2014
(D) 27 October 2014
9) Japanese telecom giant Softbank on 27 October 2014 announced to invest 627 million US dollar in which online retailer?
10) Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently gave a commitment to modernise which country's defence and security forces, after talks with his counterpart of that country?
1) Ans. (B) Maharashtra
2) Ans. (C) Ebola virus
3) Ans. (C) Surya Prakash
4) Ans. (D) Russia
5) Ans. (A) Tribal People
6) Ans. (C) 114th
7) Ans. (A) Maruti Suzuki
8) Ans. (B) 29 October 2014
9) Ans. (A) Snapdeal
10) Ans. (C) Vietnam
Current Affairs for Competitive Exams
1) Vigilance Awareness Week is being observed this year from October 27, 2014 to November 01, 2014 with the theme?
(A) “Transparency in Public"
(B) "Promoting Good Governance -- positive contribution of vigilance".
(C) "Combating Corruption- Technology as an enabler"
(D) "Participative Vigilance"
2) In the recently released World Bank report titled India Development Update, claims India's GDP to grow by ....... percent in current fiscal year?
(D) None of these
3) Senzo Meyiwa who was shot dead by intruders on 26 October 2014 was the captain of which country’s national soccer team?
(D) South Africa
4) Dilma Rousseff was on 27 October 2014 re-elected as the president of which country?
(C) South Korea
5) What was India's position in the latest ICC Test rankings released on 26 October 2014?
6) Name the dedicated website for Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) lauched by Union Finance Ministry on 27 October 2014?
7) Who won the women's singles title of BNP Paribas WTA Finals on 26 October 2014?
(A) Serena Williams
(B) Cara Black
(C) Simona Halep
(D) Sania Mirza
8) Nguyen Tan Dung who began his two-day India visit on 27 October 2014 is the Prime Minister of which country?
(D) North Korea
9) Which Indian golfer recently won the Venetian Macau Open?
(A) Anirban Lahiri
(B) Arjun Atwal
(C) Shiv Kapur
(D) Himmat Rai
10) Who is the subject of Sanjaya Baru’s book, The Accidental Prime Minister which was released some months back?
(A) H D Deve Gowda
(B) Inder Kumar Gujral
(C) Manmohan Singh
(D) Rajiv Gandhi
1) Ans. (C) "Combating Corruption- Technology as an enabler"
2) Ans. (A) 5.6
3) Ans. (D) South Africa
4) Ans. (B) Brazil
5) Ans. (D) 6th
6) Ans. (C) www.pmjdy.gov.in
7) Ans. (A) Serena Williams
8) Ans. (B) Vietnam
9) Ans. (A) Anirban Lahiri
10) Ans. (C) Manmohan Singh
PA/SA Exam 2014 Results : North East Circle
Friends.. North East Postal Circle has today (28 October 2014) published the final result of direct recruitment of PA/SA 2014. You can check the result from the following link. Congratulations to all the selected candidates!!
Check result: Click Here
Admit Card (5) Allotments (1) Analytical ability (8) Answer Key (20) Apptitude (5) aptitude (28) Awards (3) Chemistry (1) coaching (1) Computers (7) Constitution (9) Current Affairs (298) Data Entry test (2) Drivers (1) English paper (29) exam news (37) EXAM PATTERN (8) Examination Date (12) Featured (1) General Knowledge (240) GK Indian States (9) Indian History (9) Instruction (4) IPO (2) Just for info (2) keral circle (1) LGO Exam (3) Materials (32) Mathematics (20) Model Exam papers (49) MTS Exams (16) Notification (43) Number Series (2) Official Answer key (24) online test (1) PA Exam 2014 (14) PA Exam Result (9) PA/SA Exam (9) PA/SA Exam guidance (6) PA/SA Exam Materials (56) physics (1) PO Accountant (1) Postal Volumes (1) Postman Exam (5) Postman/GDS exam papers (10) Postmaster Gr I (2) Practice (2) Previous year questions (87) Prospects (1) Reasoning (26) results (25) RMS Accountant (1) Rulings (1) SA Exam Result (4) SALARY (1) SB Aptitude (4) Science (1) Selection procedure (1) Solved Papers (63) Sports GK (3) Sports Quota (1) statistics (2) syllabus (4) Training Classes (2) Typing Practice (3) typing software (8) typing website (2)